Monday, January 28, 2008

Monet's Early Roses




My husband does something very nice for me for my birthday each year; he takes a vacation day from work to spend the day with me. I get to choose the activity, and it is all about fun! (i.e. Not spent cleaning the basement, etc.)

I decided I'd like to spend the day in Columbus doing whatever--shopping, dinner out, visiting our son, etc. Much to my delight I learned that there was a special Monet exhibit going on at the Columbus (Ohio) Museum of Art! So with two handsome men at my side (hubby and son) we went off for an afternoon at the museum!

Monet's works for the most part are lush! You can get lost in his paintings, floating in the tranquility of his gardens. That is until you see his later works. Perhaps due to his ailing eye-sight (?) his paintings seem to take on an air of wildness and urgency--like he's trying to paint brightly so he can see it, and while he still has the ability.

So I cannot claim to be an unconditional Monet-lover. Unlike my former doggie who became dearer as she aged, I feel Monet's works declined in likability as his age progressed.

But his early works are a taste of Heaven! Dancing colors that depict the most wonderful gardens! And it's to those that I dedicate this bracelet and earring set.

The rose petals on the lampworked beads seem to be fluttering and swirling in a surprise summer wind. This Monet-like display was captured on these beautiful beads that were hand-made individually by an Israeli glass artist. I chose to combine them with rhodonite gemstone carved-rose beads, silver-plated rose beads, and a sterling clasp and components. The rose dangle brushes against your wrist like a gentle rose petal, forever reminding you that the flowers that inspired Monet's incomparable works can also inspire you daily!

Please contact me to purchase this set!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out and the fun visit to the art museum that day!

I like this piece best out of the 3 latest posts (roses, geodes, "creativity gone wild"). You are right about the petals in the rectangular beads - I think it is a neat effect and well paired with the rose carved ones.

Keep up the good work and I hope to see more pics!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home